Your Guide to Buying a Home
If you are a first time home buyer, our home buyers guide will help walk you thru the process of purchasing your new home.
- Contact a Castline Properties Realtor once you’ve decided to buy a home
- Get pre approved for a mortgage loan. Once you provide financial documentation, your home loan lender will tell you how much you can borrow to buy a home. You may want to consider our home loan resources or contact your local bank to see what different lenders offer.
- Research Chicago area neighborhoods and suburban communities to narrow your home search.
- Find your dream home with the assistance of your Castline Properties Realtor.
- Make an offer and negotiate with the seller.
- Secure your financing. Contact your Home Loan Officer (see our home loan resources) to let them know the contract has been written and accepted. Provide updated financial information and sign mortgage papers.
- Schedule a home inspection, negotiate & finalize the inspection process.
- Obtain homeowners insurance policy
- Final walk-through inspection prior to closing with your Castline Properties Agent.
- Sign Closing Papers – congratulations, you are a new homeowner!
Let us walk you through the home buying process! Contact a Castline Buyers Agent today to get started.